Instead of being upset about the loss of sun rays let’s welcome the seasonal changes! Creating a welcoming fall entrance makes coming home when the skies are still grey or black a little more bearable. Since the season covers many holidays we wanted an entrance that will last the full season which is why this entrance is simple and sweet.
What you need to begin welcoming fall:
- Photo Frame (We used a 5×7)
- Thick Card Stock (Cut to 5×7 size)
- Gold Pencil Crayon (or marker)
- Door Hanger – Something like this one
- Decorative Flowers (Pick ones you like at a craft store or dollar store)
- Pumpkins or Gourds
How to make:
- Start by creating a fall phrase that you’d like to see on the front step. We settled on “hello fall” you can use any one you like. Check out our pinterest board for ideas.
- Using a gold marker or pencil crayon write the phrase, and stick into the photo frame.
- Get outside and start piecing it together! We started by hanging a little burlap. then hooking the door hanger on top. We then started playing around with the floral arrangements and finished by adding the frame on top.
- Line up those pumpkins or gourds. Welcome fall, and smile every time you walk into that entrance way!