Making a wreath is easy! Start by finding boughs. You can grab them at your local gardening shop, or scavenge for them in the woods among the evergreens. If you’re going more traditional cut down a tree for your home and use the extra branches on the tree to make wreaths or garland decorations for your home! You can also visit a tree farm to get a tree, as well as some evergreen boughs to use for a beautiful wreath to be hung on the door!
- Start piecing together different branches. Test out different boughs, some are more bendy then others. This takes the longest time of getting a circular shape that is just right for your wreath!
- Once you have decided on which branches look best together start using pieces of wire to tightly wrap the boughs together .
- If there are any unwanted branches sneaking out try tucking them into other branches. If that doesn’t work either trim the branch or use some wire to hide it.
- Once you are satisfied with the base of your wreath you are ready to start adding decorations! You could even make a DIY newspaper bow.
- Using a glue gun stick all of the decorations you like onto the wreath.
- Hang it up! To allow for it to last longer try misting the branches a little once or twice a week. You can read more about how to keep your evergreen decorations evergreen here!