RE/MAX® Sale Away Sweepstakes
ENTER INTO A LISTING AGREEMENT FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. TO PARTICPATE WITHOUT A
LISTING AGREEMENT, SEE BELOW. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
- ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of twenty-one (21) years at time of entry. Residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Must be an individual to win. You are not eligible if you are an officer, director, employee, agent, including real estate agent, or representative of RE/MAX Promotions, Inc. (“RE/MAX”) (the “Sponsor“) or its affiliated and related companies, including without limitation, its parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, brokers, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to the Sweepstakes or any other entity directly involved in the Sweepstakes, as well as their immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouses, regardless of where they live) and those with whom they are domiciled (whether or not related). Void where prohibited. Selected entrants must be confirmed as winners, including verification of compliance with these Official Rules.
- TO ENTER. The sweepstakes starts at 12:00AM Eastern Daylight Time on May 15, 2023 and ends at 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time on July 9, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There are two ways to enter but you can only enter once, regardless of the method of entry:
With an executed listing agreement with a RE/MAX agent. Visit the Sweepstakes website at www.remax.ca/saleaway and complete the online entry form with the required information. If you enter online, you must have had a fully executed active listing agreement with a licensed RE/MAX agent on or after January 1, 2023, and prior to the applicable Draw Date, regardless of whether your home has sold prior to entering the Sweepstakes or the Draw Date. Only one party to a listing agreement may enter and win, and that party must have submitted the online entry form.
Without a listing agreement. To participate without entering into a listing agreement, on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper, hand-print a 100 word essay describing your dream home. Each essay must be original to the entrant, handwritten, and not photocopied or otherwise mechanically reproduced. Include with the essay your full name, email address, complete mailing address, postal code, and phone number with area code and mail it to RE/MAX Promotions, Inc., 340 1060 Manhattan Dr., Kelowna, BC V1Y 9X9.
Deadlines: All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period are not valid. There are three draws during the Sweepstakes Period. To be eligible for the First Draw, all entries must be received by June 4, 2023; the Second Draw by June 18, 2023; and the Third Draw by July 9, 2023. Non-winning entries in one draw will be automatically entered into the subsequent draw(s).
By submitting an entry, you are indicating that you have read and accepted these Official Rules.
- Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Only one Entry per person, regardless of the method of entry. Entrant may only use one (1) email address in connection with the Sweepstakes. Subsequent Entries from the same person will not be accepted. Mechanically reproduced, forged or altered Entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, or damaged Entries, which will be disqualified. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries, and that entrant may be disqualified within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any person who submitted an online Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The selected entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. There will be three random draws in Toronto, Ontario:
On or about June 5, 2023 (the “First Draw” and “First Draw Date”) from among the Entries received between 12:00AM EDT on May 15, 2023 and 11:59PM EDT on June 4, 2023. On or about June 19, 2023 (the “Second Draw” and “Second Draw Date”) from among the Entries received between 12:00AM EDT on May 15, 2023 and 11:59PM EDT on June 18, 2023. On or about July 10, 2022 (the “Third Draw” and “Third Draw Date”) from among the Entries received between 12:00AM EDT on May 15, 2023 and 11:59PM EDT on July 9, 2023. The First Draw Date, Second Draw Date, and Third Draw Date are each alternatively referred to as a Draw Date.
The selected entrants will be notified by email or phone within approximately five (5) days of the Draw Date at the email address or phone number provided with the Entry. Please check your email and spam filters. Three (3) attempts will be made to contact the selected entrant within a five (5) day period.
- PRIZE. There are sixteen (16) prizes available to be won consisting of six (6) $5,000 CAD gift cards redeemable at Airbnb (airbnb.com) and ten (10) $1,000 CAD VISA gift cards (the “Prize”). Limit one prize per entry. Airbnb and VISA are not in any way affiliated with the Sweepstakes.
The Prizes available to be won per draw are as follows:
First Draw Date: Two (2) $5,000 CAD gift cards redeemable at Airbnb (airbnb.com) and three (3) $1,000 CAD VISA gift cards.
Second Draw Date: Two (2) $5,000 CAD gift cards redeemable at Airbnb (airbnb.com) and three (3) $1,000 CAD VISA gift cards.
Third Draw Date: Two (2) $5,000 CAD gift cards redeemable at Airbnb (airbnb.com) and four (4) $1,000 CAD VISA gift cards.
The Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash (where applicable). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the Prize should become unavailable for any reason or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor disclaims all representations, warranties and conditions with respect to the Prize or substitution thereof.
Any costs or expenses associated with receiving, using or redeeming the Prize (or substitution thereof), including any applicable taxes, duties or fees, will be the responsibility of the Prize winner. Further, if the Prize winner entered by executing a listing agreement, he/she will be responsible for all costs, expenses, taxes, duties or fees , including without limitation, costs, fees, taxes, and duties associated with selling a home, finding, selecting, purchasing and/or maintaining a primary residence, fees required for brokering, negotiating, inspecting or securing the purchase of a primary residence (including any agent commissions), any travel expenses, and any fees and related expenses for any other professional or contracting services, including legal fees and expenses.
If Prize winner is unable to receive, use and/or redeem the Prize due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, no compensation or substitute prize whatsoever will be provided.
WINNER CONFIRMATION. To be confirmed a winner, each selected entrant must:
(i)if the selected entrant entered online, he/she must have had a fully executed active listing agreement with a licensed RE/MAX agent on or after January 1, 2023, and prior to the applicable Draw Date, regardless of whether the home has sold prior to entering the Sweepstakes or the Draw Date. Sponsor may require the original or a copy of the listing agreement;
(ii) respond to a notification within the five (5) day period;
(iii) correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, which will be administered by phone;
(iv) complete and sign a Release and any other documentation Sponsor deems necessary within the time period specified by Sponsor; and
(v) otherwise comply with the Official Rules.
If the selected entrant entered online and did not have an active listing agreement with a RE/MAX agent on or after January 1, 2023, and prior to the applicable Draw Date, or if the selected entrants fails to respond to notification within the five (5) day period, fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, fails to complete and signed all document within the specified time, fails to comply with the Official Rules, or if the notification is consistently returned as undeliverable or fails to reach a selected entrant for any reason (including, without limitation, “soft” and “hard” email “bounces”) or if a selected entrant fails to respond for any reason to the notification as directed, that selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected at random and who will be subject to confirmation in the same manner.
- ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries by each Draw Date.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. Sponsor will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide with your Entry for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. By entering the Sweepstakes, you consent to such collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. You may also be offered the opportunity to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, upcoming contests and promotions. For further information about Sponsor’s privacy practices, please see Sponsor’s Privacy Policies at: https://www.remax.ca/editorial/privacy-notice.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, city/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice.
- RIGHT TO VOID / MODIFY / SUSPEND. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules, including an insufficient number of eligible Entries. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and: (a) terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award any prize from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria described in these Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, together with its affiliates and related companies, including without limitation its parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, brokers, sales agents or representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Sweepstakes, and any other entity directly involved in the Sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, injury, death or damage (including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages), to persons or property, arising out of or relating to (a) entry or participation in the Sweepstakes, including access to and use of the Sweepstakes website, (b) any claims based on personality or privacy rights, defamation or prize delivery, (c) the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection or judgment of any prize winner or the awarding of any prize, or (c) the possession, use, misuse, or redemption of the Prize or the merchandise or services for which it is redeemed, if applicable, or (d) any transactions or activities associated with the redemption of the Prize for lodging. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, such exclusions may not apply to you.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Releasees shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Sweepstakes website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any Entries to be received by Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) any person’s failure or inability to access any link to the Sweepstakes (h) damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to the Sweepstakes; (i) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (j) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement by entrant to abide by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. All Entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of Entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Any dispute concerning the Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of an entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and adjudicated in the appropriate court in Toronto, Ontario.
Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein. Should the winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her/their prize or the cash value thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where it is suspected or evident that tampering with the Sweepstakes operation, or a violation of these Official Rules, has occurred. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to, any print, online, television, radio or other form of advertising the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sweepstakes is not endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook or Instagram, nor is Facebook or Instagram associated with the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is RE/MAX Promotions, Inc., 340 1060 Manhattan Dr., Kelowna, BC V1Y 9X9.
Winners List: For the name of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt (within 60 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period) to RE/MAX Promotions, Inc., c/o Communications Department, Attn: RE/MAX Sale Away Sweepstakes, 340 1060 Manhattan Dr., Kelowna, BC V1Y 9X9.